Friday 28 June 2019

SETTING SAIL . . . .

Picking up your brushes after a long hiatus can feel pretty daunting - fracturing my wrist, various family crises, and then have much of the house refurbished (it started with the office, where we had an electrical fire) meant its been a good few Months since I've put any real "Hobby Effort" in at all.

Setting up properly is important, as its almost like being a newbie - but knowing what you are doing LoL!

First I glued my models to slightly bigger 25mm MDF Bases.


This was an important step because A - I have early onset arthritis, which means I'm a "dropper". So holding on to a chunky painting handle is easier for me (and the 20mm bases don't fit snugly enough in the one I have). & B it (obviously) means I don't have to handle a model while I'm painting it.


Then I sorted out a selection of paints in various colours into a Box (in this case from one of Lindas jigsaws - don't worry she didn't need it, she makes her puzzles permanent and keeps them in an Artists Portfolio).


This will speed things up, no searching for colours in the main tool box - I've stuck with mostly Army Painter, a few Vallejo, and some Citadel Washes (theres also some Mother of Pearl food paint - made permanent with Mixing Medium. For Buttons and Brocade style Fabrics should I decide to go that way).

Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment